How to Disassemble iPhone 6S Plus?
How to Disassemble/Tips:
1. Power off your iPhone 6S Plus.
2. Undo the 2 charging port screws, then apply heat around the edges of the screen to soften the adhesive underneath.
3. Use the suction cup tool to lift up a small gap in between, then insert a case opening tool.
4. Slide the case opening tool around the edges of the screen to slowly open the screen. Do not raise the screen up over 90° as it will damage the flex ribbons.
5. Undo the 5 screws to release the metal bracket covering the flex ribbon connectors.
6. Disconnect the 3 connectors of screen flex ribbon, front facing camera flex ribbon and 3D touch flex ribbon to release the iPhone 6S Plus LCD and digitizer assembly.
7. Undo the 2 screws holding the home button bracket then remove it.
8. Disconnect the flex ribbon connector then apply some heat on the home button to soften the adhesive and remove it to release the home button.
9. Undo the 3 screws holding the front speaker metal bracket, then remove it to release the ear speaker underneath.
10. Heat up the front facing camera flex with proximity sensor flex and remove it.
11. Undo the 8 screws to release the metal plate.
● Special tooling is required when disassembling and reassembling the Apple iPhone 6S Plus LCD Screen and Digitizer Assembly.
● Handle the vulnerable and fragile flex cable ribbon carefully.
● Please try to handle the repair or replacement work in a dry and dust free environment without direct sunlight.
● The installation of any new part should be done by a qualified person.
● This screen replacement is compatible with iPhone 6S Plus only.